How to Add New language in PHPKB Knowledge Base?Estimated Reading Time: 1 Minutes
If you are looking to have more than one (default English) language in your knowledge base then you must have purchased a Multi-Language edition of PHPKB Knowledge Base Software. Here are the steps how to add a new language in PHPKB:
- Log in to Administrator Control Panel as Superuser.
- Go to Languages section and click Add New option.
- Choose a desired Language Name from the drop down list. For your kind information, there are two variations for Chinese languages – 1) Chinese Simplified and 2) Chinese Traditional.
- Then enter Title for your language. This is just a custom name of your language that will be visible in the drop down language menu (if specified), otherwise, the language name will be used, instead.
- Select Text Direction option fittingly There are two options: Left-to-right (LTR) or Right-to-left (RTL). RTL is the writing system known as right-to-left (RTL) in which script runs from the right-hand side of a page and concludes on the left-hand side, such as in Arabic, Hebrew and Urdu.
- Finally, we have Visibility option that states that whether this language would appear under available languages of drop down language menu in public area.
- Save your changes.
- Whenever a new language is added in PHPKB (version 8.0), it copies / inherits all language variables (or language text) from default English language, and you need to translate everything by clicking Edit option from the Actions drop down on Manage Languages page or you can assign this translation job to any native translator. Now, you can start populating your knowledge base with categories, articles, etc.
- Applicable To: Standard (Multi-Language) Edition, Enterprise Multi-Language Edition (MySQL), Enterprise Multi-Language Edition (SQL Server)