Configuring Google as an OAuth Provider in PHPKBEstimated Reading Time: 2 Minutes
In this tutorial, you will learn how to configure Google as OAuth Provider with PHPKB OAuth plugin.
- PHP 7.0 or later
- CURL extension
- JSON extension
- OpenSSL extension
Instructions – how to configure & use the plugin:
- Extract the package (that you received after purchasing this plugin) and copy all the files & folders and paste them at their respective locations under the installation directory (where you have installed PHPKB Software on your server). There is a new folder, called ‘add-ons’ (applicable to PHPKB v9.0), copy that and put it directly under the root folder (i.e. outside /admin/ folder) of the PHPKB package.
- Setup Google as an OAuth Provider (as explained below):
- Go to https://console.developers.google.com/ and Login / Signup.
- Click on Select Project to create a new Google Apps Project, then click on NEW PROJECT.
- Enter your Project name under the Project Name field and click on Create .
- Now, click on Select a Project again and select the newly created Project by clicking on the project name that you entered in the previous step.
- Go to Navigation Menu > APIs > Services > Credentials .
- Click on Create Credentials button and then select OAuth Client ID from the options provided.
- In case you are facing some warning saying that in order to create an OAuth Client ID, you must set a product name on the consent screen. Click on the Configure consent screen button.
- Enter your product name under the Product Name Shown to Users field. Click on the SAVE button to save your settings.
- Select Web Application from the options below Application Type. Enter the name you want for your Client ID under the name field and enter the Redirect / Callback URI from PHPKB OAuth / OpenID-Connect plugin under the Redirect URL field.
- Click on the SAVE button to save your configurations. Now, you have successfully completed your Google App OAuth Server side configurations.
- Login to Administrator Control Panel as Superuser and go to Tools > OAuth / OpenID-Connect.
- Check & configure the settings accordingly. For easier configuration, some helpful notes are added under most of the fields/options.
- Test the configuration by going to the Login page (either in the Public area or Admin area).
Interested to buy this plugin? Contact Us for Licensing & Pricing.