Managing CategoriesEstimated Reading Time: 2 Minutes
Expand Categories in left Navigation Bar and click on Manage to open manage categories screen.
- ID is the serial number of a category in the knowledge base.
- Name: This column displays the name (title) assigned to a category. The root category is displayed at the top and sub-categories are displayed underneath it.
- Priority: This column lets you set the custom display order of categories in the public-facing area of the knowledge base. Categories are listed from lower to higher priority in the front-end area i.e. lower the priority number, the higher the category position in the front-end area.
Please note that category priority would be effective only if the Sort Order of categories is changed from "Alphabetic order" to "Priority" in Feature Settings (under the Manage Settings) section of the admin area.
- Visible: You can turn on/off the visibility of a category in the front end through this column. By default, the current category status is visible. To change, the visibility status, click on the YES/NO label.
- Hits: Hits depicts the total views of all the articles under their respective categories and their sub-categories.
- Subcats: This column shows the total count of sub-categories of a category.
- Articles: This column contains two values separated by a pipeline (|) symbol. The first value shows the total count of the published articles (approved and featured) and the second value depicts the total count of all articles (irrespective of their status) present under this category.
- Actions: This column contains a drop-down menu of the operations that can be performed on a category. These operations include:
- Edit - Click to modify a category.
- Delete - Click to delete the selected category. A category can only be deleted if it is empty (does not contain any subcategories or articles) else the system will generate warning messages.
- Add Subcategory - Click to add a new sub-category under it.
- Add Article - Click to add a new article in this category.
- Subscribers - Click to manage the list of subscribers (See: Managing Category Subscribers ) of this category.
- Applicable To: Standard Edition, Standard (Multi-Language) Edition, Enterprise Edition (MySQL), Enterprise Multi-Language Edition (MySQL), Enterprise Edition (SQL Server), Enterprise Multi-Language Edition (SQL Server)