On-Premise Knowledge Base Software
Find out complete details of the on-premise (self-hosted) license of PHPKB knowledge base software
PHPKB is a on-premise knowledge base software used by the world's biggest organizations for their internal and external knowledge base needs. You buy it. You own it. A one-time cost and the on-premise license (also known as self-hosted license or a perpetual license) of PHPKB knowledge base software comes ready for installation on your server. It comes with complete source code and you can modify the code to suit your own requirements as long as you abide by the terms and conditions of the License Agreement (EULA). The source code is not encoded.
Our technicians will help you with any technical issues. The on-premise license comes with 12 months of free support. Please make sure that your server meets the system requirements for running PHPKB software.
What is On-Premise Software?
On-premise software is a type of software delivery model that is installed and operated from a customer's in-house server and computing infrastructure – as opposed to running remotely on hosted servers or in the cloud. On-Premise simply means that the systems that you are using are managed by your own team, on your own servers. You are responsible for the security, user access, data backup, and upgrades.
Reasons why the Self-Hosted license may be right for you
- You have a web server and you want to self-host the knowledge base software on your server with full access to the software source code.
- You need the ability to modify the code to suit your own requirements.
- You don't prefer to pay monthly or annual subscription.
- You prefer to pay a one-time fee for lifetime use of the PHPKB knowledge base software.
- No limits and most importantly all data are in your hands and not on someone else server.
- You want a fast and reliable knowledge base system that can be installed on your server.
- You need the ability to modify the look and feel to match your company theme.
Advantages of Self-Hosted Knowledge Base Software
- The first advantage of a self-hosted knowledge base over a third-party knowledge base is control.
- The second main advantage of a self-hosted knowledge base system is the security. Security is paramount for many industries. For example, a company selling health insurance has to abide by HIPAA regulations, so hosted knowledge base platform is a big NO for them.
- Another big advantage of a self-hosted knowledge base is the access to software source code. Since you have the source code with you, you can conduct period security audits on the knowledge base source code, and modify it as and when required to meet any change in your requirements.
- PHPKB is the only knowledge base software in the market that comes with full source code in the self-hosted license.
Do you still have any questions?
For questions, send us an email from the contact form, or call at any of the contact numbers given on the contact page.